- apologize in public for arresting innocent citizens in contravention of their constitutional rights
- pay restitution for the pain and suffering it has caused these innocent citizens
- account for all the people it has arrested but not released or charged
- give full access to family members of all arrested
- bring to justice those who gave the unlawful orders for mass arrests, so no such thing is repeated.
It is only right that the victims should receive apology and restitution at a minimum for suffering without cause. We should not be satisfied with the fact that they are released. Mass arrest and release as a terror tool must end. It may be idealistic to wish the EPRDF government will do any of the listed things but we should press on until they right the wrongs. Since the decision to terrorize the people, I believe, was made at the highest levels of government, they may not willingly accept that they have done anything wrong. But we should continue to point the just way forward.